My friends Rachel and Leslie allowed me to post this recipe with rave reviews of how good these cookies are. Rachel told me that Leslie made them and brought them to work a couple of years ago and everyone loved them. Leslie added that this recipe makes A LOT of cookies and they are best served using a hallow pumpkin as a bowl. Thank you to both Rachel and Leslie for this recipe and the lovely “artistic” picture by Rachel! I can’t wait to make these!
Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing
Ingredients for the Cookies:
– 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger
– 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 3/4 cup butter, softened
– 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/2 cups (14 ounces) canned pumpkin
– 3/4 cup evaporated milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Icing:
– 4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
– 10 tablespoons butter
– 1/4 cup plues 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Make cookies: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together first 7 ingredients, set aside
2) blend butter and brown sugar, using electric mixer. Mix on medium speed, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, pumpkin, milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture, mix until combined
3) scoop batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake, rotating half way through, for 12 minutes.
1) melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Immediately add butter to confectioners sugar.
2) Add evaporated milk, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
3) Spread icing onto cookies!